Thursday 30 January 2014

A Headphone Review for Otoge Lover

 


Almost two years ago, about three months after I left my hometown, I found myself in need for a good headphone. My old one is good, but it's too big for my head and it also didn't have a good sound. So I took my PC and browsed through the net. I really want a good headphone with clear, crystal sound for the sake of playing Otome Game and listening to drama cd, not to mention that I want a cheap one, considering my tight wallet LOL.

And so, after making an impossible wish-list containing several very expensive headphones, I took my ways to a headphone store, and asked the clerk "Can you show me any headphone under $50??" - simple yet effective way to stop myself dreaming a headphone that cost 5-20x more than the money I have in my hand that time Winking smile.

Fortunately or unfortunately, most headphone in that store is over my budget, they have quite a number of earphone below $50, but for that time I need a headphone and not an earphone. The only one available is a Sennheiser HD 202, which is about $25 now ( I remember spent almost IDR 300,000 that time). Well, I thought, Sennheiser is quite a brand and this one look comfortable enough. So I test the little black, and gosh, it fit my ears comfortably unlike my previous headphones, and it cover my ears well. And so, I took out the cash and come home with my newest toy >w<

And now, almost two years after, the little black still accompanying me. If you want to know what my opinions:

pro:

1. It didn't wear out, the appearance and sound. My previous ones will need to be replaced every almost one year, but this beloved Sennheiser HD 202 still in almost perfect condition.

2. Like I said before, it cover my ears well that it block most (almost 70%) outside noise, and the sound itself never leak. Just don't compare it with those ultra expensive noise-cancelling headphone, though.

3. Light, I can wear it in my head or neck and it didn't disturb me with it's weight.

4. Good sound, best among all of my headphones. I mostly use it for song, drama cd and otome gaming. So I usually connect it with my PC and PSP. And I really satisfied.

cons:

1. It unfoldable, so everytime I brought it I have to put it on my neck or somewhere safe, 'cause I can't afford the risk of broken the headphone if I put it inside my bag.

2. After a long use, it started to hurt my ears. And long time I means is more than 5 hours straight, so I doubt it the headphone's fault anyway.

3. The cable is too long for my need. Fortunately it come with a cable holder? (sorry, I don't know the exact name), so I can adjust the length at my need.

 

Well, with this headphone I think I still need several years before I need to change for new (and better, of course) one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...